Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tired of being good

I was so jazzed up spiritually on Sunday that I thought I would come home and blog all about AND read my scriptures too.  (Total turn around from my attitude Saturday night, but it was the Lord's day, after all).  : )

Got home, broke my fast, chatted with Mike a bit, took a nap, prepared a great dinner (Mike thinks roast is the bomb, even though I personally think of it more as a "winter food"), etc. and basically forgot all about that I was going to read my scriptures.

Monday morning, I got them laid out in on the kitchen table and was going to start reading this upcoming Sunday School lesson (cause I'll be missing class that day) and I don't think I even got enough read to remember.  I stopped to take Kylie down to the school for soccer tryouts.  Then a walk with my mom and so on.....Sometime later that afternoon, I noticed my scriptures closed and on my bed and realized I had left them on the table and someone must have moved them into my room. And, I didn't read anymore.

So, it might be an E for effort, but not a A for "accomplished."  And, it's probably an E minus, since there wasn't too much effort made to return to them.

1 comment:

  1. wipe off the dust and open them up again! NOW!
    How's that? :)
    ps...how did tryouts go?

    ReplyDelete