Friday, August 6, 2010

The Power of Reasoning

I know, Not even 9:30 a.m. and I 'm posting.  I'm a new woman!  It only took me and hour and a half to do it "first thing" in the morning.  : )   O.K., well, I'm a NEW woman for today, anyways.

I was reading about the king of Assyria telling the Jews that their God isn't going to save them from his army because he had taken over lots and lots of other countries and the other people's god's didn't stop them.  His argument (2 CHR 32:10-19) was a great one, if you ask me, and it made perfect sense.  It definitely seems like his thinking was completely logical and making sense.

I guess things haven't changed much from 2500 years ago....  There will always be people dismissing God and encouraging you not to trust in Him.  It's important to remember Hezekiah's advice:
"Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed....for there be more with us that with him.  With him is an arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles."  (v.7-8)

1 comment:

  1. It is comforting to remember that there are more with God than with Satan. We have the majority, the hosts of Heaven, working for right and to help us.

    ReplyDelete