Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sympathy Pee

Back when we had a dog and I was a working woman, I always let her out to go potty right before I left for work. I wouldn't let her back in the house until I saw her go.  Sometimes, she just didn't want to be outside!  Especially in the rain or snow, she would head out, but then turn right back around and come to the door.  I'd point back out to the yard and sternly say, "Maggie, Go Potty!"  Sure enough, she would turn back around, get out to the grass, and do a quick little squat.  Then right back up on the deck to the back door she would come.  If you watched closely on that quick little squat, you could see that she didn't actually "produce."  I called it her "sympathy pee."    She went through the motion to make me happy.  I gave her credit for this little show of obedience and would let her back in.

I'm going for a sympathy read tonight.  It is 11, everyone is in bed (early up for Youth Conference tomorrow) and I want to be there too.  I was on my way and then I remembered my not-so-fun-anymore goal and bad-idea -to-share-it-with-the-world blog.  Oh yeah.  I've been sucking.  Sigh.    I feel bad about my scripture performance lately so I am recommitting myself to reading IN THE MORNING tomorrow.  MORNING!  Not 11 p.m. on Thursday night.  In the MORNING!

I also know it's bad to say "tomorrow" instead of today, so for Today, I am doing the sympathy read.  Not really "studying", just reading.  And a quick read, at that.  Hopefully, I'll get a little credit for my show of obedience.  : )

(Rrrrr......Ruff!  Ruff!  Good girl!)

1 comment: