Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A moment of Triumph

Honestly and truthfully, I read scriptures BOTH mornings in Wendover.  In fact, it was much easier there then it is at home. I literally could do it first thing in the morning---without even getting out of bed because I didn't have anything pressing.   I haven't read today  : (  and yesterday's was pitiful (in the waiting room of the doctor's office, but I still  get credit for accomplishing my goal!

The funny thing is, Mike gets pycho whenever it is "check out" day of any place we are.  When we are camping, he'd like to just roll up the sleeping bag with me in it if he didn't have to worry about me kicking his hynie when I got out.  There have been times when I've come back from brushing my teeth in the bathroom, and the sleeping bags and pillows are gone---they are put away already.  I'm like, "Dude, do we get to eat breakfast this morning (always cold cereal so  we don't spend too much time on it) or do we have to get in the car right now?"

Anyway, I giggled on Sunday morning because checkout was at 11:00.  I woke up about 9:30 and Psycho man has already showered, dressed, everything!  He is making no attempt to be quiet as he is unzipping his suitcase, shuffling things around, etc.   I grumble about the rudeness of it all, but he defends himself with "Checkout is at 11:00."

I  immediately reached over and grabbed my BoM and started reading.  After like 2 minutes, he's like "We need to get going" (in that calm little "What the heck are you doing in bed" tone).

 I say "I'm reading scriptures."

Silence.

I smile and say, "It must be hard to argue with that, huh, cause it sure did shut you up."  

Of course, we didn't actually leave the room until 11:02 a.m. so I was on his pooh-pooh list for checking out "late".   (Now you see calling him psycho man was not an exaggeration!)  I don't care.  Being a spiritual giant got me at least an extra 10 minutes of laying in bed.  Yae!

No comments:

Post a Comment