Friday, August 20, 2010

This Promised Land

I bet you think I am not writing because I am not reading.  That is only partially true.  Mostly, I am not writing because I have been STINKING SWAMPED since I got back from our family reunion camping trip.  But, I did read 3 out of the 5 days I was gone!  One Saturday night I was almost in bed and realized the scriptures were in the van.  I so told myself to skip it and read the next day.  But, I did NOT!  I went back out---got my shoes back on, got the keys to the van, went back out in the cold, etc. to get my BoM so I could read.  I know.  I was awesome.  : ) 

And that is why I need to go ahead and post, so I can be motivated to be awesome again.   


        Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea a land which is choice above all other lands...the Lord consecrate unto thee this land, which is a most precious land, for thy security foever, if it so be that ye shall keep the commandments..."   (1 Nephi 2:20 and 2 Nephi 3:2)  








I think Teton National Park is one of top 5 most beautiful places in the world.  When I am there, I can't help but think of these words.  As happenstance, While I was in the Tetons, I was reading Chapters 13 and 14 in 1 Nephi about how this great country we live in is choice above all other lands, and when we are righteous, God's power is with us...even against great odds.  


 And it came to pass that the angel said unto me: Look....And I looked and beheld the land of promise; and I beheld multitudes of people.  I beheld that the Gentiles who had gone forth out of captivity did humble themselves before the Lord and the power of the Lord was with them....The wrath of God was upon all those that were gathered together against them to battle and they were delivered by the power of God.  And the angel said to Nephi Thou has beheld that if the Gentiles repent it shall be well with them.    (1 Nephi 13:15 & 18 and 14:5)

Look at this picture---of course the people look beautiful (who doesn't when you are camping?!), but the scenery is what gets me.  Screaming blue lakes, jagged, pine covered mountains, crisp blue sky.  This area of Wyoming is why the state deserves to exist.  TNP is the bomb! 

2 comments:

  1. WOW...absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cause I read scriptures while camping or cause I figured out how to post pictures?

    ReplyDelete