Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What do you think about Sundays?

As of today, I have read 6 days in a row.  If you don't count Sunday.  I didn't read Sunday.  If I had, that would have been 7 days in a row.   So, if we have to be a big stickler then I am only on a 2 day stretch right now---yesterday and today.

I intend to read on Sunday, but I justify not reading easily because I DO read the scriptures a lot on Sundays.

I read them in Sunday School, I take notes on them, I check cross references, I make comments about them to the class. So, I do get scripture reading in....just not personal and private.

As far as my "record" goes though, I have just glossed over Sunday and pretended it wasn't there.  My all time record for reading every day without missing is 7 days.  That included a Sunday.  BUT, it was a Sunday I didn't go to church so it was like the "only religion" I got that day.  So, that probably made it easier to read.

 I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm on a 6 day streak.   I think I deserve it because I didn't read yesterday until I was in bed last  night.  That is my worst time of all to read!  I didn't want to.  I knew I was too tired to try to read scriptures AND something fun (my normal "treat" for when I go to bed).   I brought my notebook and scriptures to bed with me though and did go ahead an read.  (Thereby forfeiting my opportunity to read something fun because I was too tired.)  Not even a 10 seconder, but a real life read.  Amazing.

Tomorrow will be 7.

1 comment:

  1. In my book...you are doing awesome! I think missing Sunday is totally justified. Why not CELEBRATE the days you succeed! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete