Thursday, October 14, 2010

Amazing Results

One of the best thing of writing a blog without many people reading it is you can say lots of things that you normally wouldn't because you'd be worried it would sound like you were bragging.  I do want to record this though because I think it is amazingly awesome.

So, my niece is 8 months pregnant and I get an email from her mom on Monday saying to pray for her because she and her husband might have opposing antibodies in their blood which would mean their baby could be in a wheelchair their whole life and such.  So stressful!  First of all, why wasn't this discovered earlier?!  She is due in less then a month.  Second of all, it's just stressful anyways.  I had just been to her house 2 days before for a baby shower where she got the cutest little things you ever seen.  To go from such cuteness, excitement,  and happiness to tummy aches, chest tightness,  and all encompassing thoughts swirling in my brain was just too much.  And, I'm not even the parents!

So, I did some research online and it was even worse.  A wheelchair would be a good prognosis--they could be looking at severe respiratory problems and probably early death because the child's muscles won't be strong enough to get her breathing well.

So, I'm learning all this stuff from the Grandmother---my sister.  I wanted to give a few words of hope to my niece---the mother of this baby (and her poor, sweet, innocent husband who I am sure was just as blindsided by this whole thing.)   But, it is like, what do you say?

Then I remembered a couple scriptures  I had read awhile ago and I remembered a story we talked about in Sunday School, too.  So, I came into my little scripture reading notebook and found my notes on them and send a little message up to my niece based on the following scriptures.
Isaiah 41:1
 2 Chronicles 20:15-17

She sends me back a message saying she appreciated it and she felt at peace that the Lord wouldn't give her more then she could handle, etc.  So, I was happy that she was feeling peaceful and glad my message was received in the way I meant it---to be helpful and encouraging and such.

That was all Monday.

Tonight, I am talking to my sister (so my neice's mom) and she thanked me for "whatever I sent up " to her daughter and said after she read it, she had come into where her mom was and said stuff about "Aunt Beth being so wise" (I only giggled a little at that one) and how after she had read what I had wrote, she really felt "at peace" and that things would work out o.k.

I did that!

Yes, this is the amazing results I am talking about!  I've been working on this scripture reading thing for less then 3 months and I have totally sucked at it for weeks at a time sometimes, but I was STILL able to actually help someone as a direct result of my efforts.  However piss-poor they have been at times.  Cause I can guarantee you that if I hadn't been doing this reading, I would have never thought about these scriptures.  Probably not even any scriptures at all.  And instead, I even had some idea of where to find them.

That is why God is so amazing.  He is so NICE!  He doesn't make you wait until you are really good at something to bless you---He is always being merciful and sending little tender mercies our way.  He sees our little efforts and blesses us for trying.  That is amazing.

O.K., and as a P.S., because I know you really want to know, but this isn't even the climax of the story, because regardless of the turn out, I had brought peace to someone because I had done a little bit of studying on my own. That's the climax!

The postscript is that niece went and did more blood tests and goes back in to the doctor for the results and such.  He insists she is FINE.  This little issue they found is nothing like nemaline myopathy and he doesn't know why she was even told that.  Her baby might be more susceptible to jaundice and anemia when born but they can totally handle that and he says my niece has absolutely nothing to worry about.     So, a miracle on top of all the other stuff even.

Now, isn't that a happy tale?  Yae!

2 comments:

  1. That is great Beth. It is a great thing to see some benefit of our struggling and trying to be a better person and do what we know we should be doing.
    God really IS nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a really NICE story. Glad everything is going to be okay. Glad I got to see you and chat for a second today!

    ReplyDelete