Sunday, October 31, 2010

enlightened moment

You know the scripture in D&C 88...
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.  That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord....

I've always just thought about this scripture as direction for how our homes are suppose to be.  In fact, I've written on the margin that Mike's bishop used this scripture to council with us before we got married.  Bishop Rose said we should set goals and have a clean and organized house from the beginning.  (I think I have kind of fallen apart on this in the last few years....time to recommit, I guess.)

Today in sacrament, the speaker used this scripture and was talking about our bodies.  He was talking about preparing yourself to go to the temple and stuff, then all of a sudden, I tune in and catch that.  It was like one of those lightbulb moments where you go, "Wait, what was that?!" And, then your mind starts racing thinking about what all those things would mean.

So, re-read it while thinking of your body being a temple and how we are suppose to be taking care of it, etc.

Ohhhhhh!  That is a whole different way of looking at it, yeah?

2 comments:

  1. Cause our body is a house for our spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I get one of those lightbulb moments and get a whole new understanding. I've been trying to follow your great example and read my scriptures too...I was doing good for awhile, but the past week or two I've done awful. Time to try again!

    ReplyDelete