Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Are we missing stuff?

So, I'm reading D&C 17 (cause I found my notebook : ) and it's got me really thinking....

It's to the men that would be the 3 witnesses to the BoM.  Read it while you're thinking about faith (it's only 9 verses) and then tell me what you think.  These are some of the things I noticed:  

v.2  It is by your faith that you'll get to see the plates.
v.3 AFTER you've obtained faith is when you'll see them with your own eyes.
v. 5 JS has seen them thru God's power because he had faith.

Then, I started wondering:
If they did NOT have faith and looked at the plates, would they not be able to see them?  (like magic)
Or does HF just mean that having faith is what makes them worthy to be in the same room where the plates are and so that is why they'll get to see them.

See, if it's question #1 that He means, then that leaves me to the idea that if we had more faith, we'd see things  too, that we now totally miss.  Would we be able to see Spirits?  We know it is by faith that Brother of Jared saw the hand of the Lord.  And then His entire self.     Is it just our lack of faith that keeps the veil over our eyes?  Or would that be there either way?  People talk about the veil "getting thin."  Is it because their faith has increased so much?

Even if we never did see the Spirit of a loved one gone or something, is there just more about us every day that we are missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment