Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Repentance again

It doesn't take much to slide.  I'd been doing so good and now I've doing so bad.  Well, WAS doing bad.  I went in to clean up the kitchen (I've been working on it on and off for most of the morning) and I reached over to turn on the radio.  That made me think of how I like quiet and that reminded me of scriptures which reminded me that I needed to read.  So, of course, I thought, "I'll do that next."  And then I thought "No, do it now while you are thinking of it.  Otherwise, it won't get done."  And I actually listened to the good voice!  : )

I turned off the radio (that had barely had time on to tune in) and almost ran out of the kitchen to get my scriptures.  So, after a 6 day descend into "the black pit of not doing what's right" (TB POND WR for all you short hand bloggers out there), I'm back!   (Hopefully, that doesn't make you think of that guy's scary face in the Shining, which was a movie I was too young to see.  The previews have haunted me my whole life.)

Now that I've read and am feeling that "scripture power" again, I realize how much I've missed it.  But, just this morning on the way to car pool I was thinking I needed to read as soon as I got back (you see how well that went....it's 1 p.m.) and thinking of how it had been almost a week since I read and I thought something to the effect of how nice it's been to not have to worry about it.  I've just been swamped and running around like a banshee and the only time I've even thought of scripture reading is right before sleep.  Even then, I didn't think of it every night, but on the nights I did think of it, it was pretty easy to ignore that thought and push the guilty thoughts away.  I've had a lot of practice at that over the years.  :  )  Oops, I don't suppose I should put in a smiley face over that comment.

1 comment:

  1. Good job for jumping back on the wagon. You have almost convinced me to try again!

    ReplyDelete