Monday, September 6, 2010

Against all odds

A couple weeks ago we talked about against the odds in Sunday school...
Naturally, I can't remember what we were studying (2nd Chronicles 20, maybe??) but the message was that it doesn't matter the odds because when the Lord is on your side, you can win.  It was a lovely message, and maybe some of you true Spiritual Giants will know where it was in the Old Testament.

Anyways, I thought of it again as I was reading in Joel.

Joel 2:11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word.

v. 13  And rend your heart, and not your garments, and repent, and turn unto the Lord your God; for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness and he will turn away the evil from you.

The Lord's army is great and you need not fear when He is on your side.  If we repent, He will even evil away from us.  

Isn't that amazing? 


I have to say, I whine all the time about reading scriptures, but when I actually sit down and "do it right" (ie. studying, not just reading, etc.), I love the feeling I get.  I feel awesome!   Alight, Powerful, Capable, Happy.  All of that, just from reading God's word for 20 minutes!

My "natural man" is obviously very strong and buff if, even with all that, I still struggle to read.  It will probably take a long time for my "spiritual man" to get so strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment