Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hosea is all about Ho's

You know I don't lie.  So, don't be thinking my title is a lie.
I j ust read the first three chapters of Hosea and if you are the kind of person that likes to quote scripture out of context to shock people that "it is in the Bible" then Hosea is your kind of place.

Nakedness, whoredoms, adulteress, lovers, stripping, etc.   I read Chapter 1, verse 2 three times.

Did the Lord really just tell someone to "take unto thee a wife of whoredoms" ?
(Uh, yes he did).

So, you have to read and look for symbolism.  Which I managed to do for some of it....

And I think it is easy to be the wife that chooses our lover because he gives "bread, water, wool, and flax, and oil."   And there later, we realize that our husband gave us "corn, wine, oil, and lots of silver and gold."  And we remember we like those things too, and we miss them.

Hopefully, we aren't choosing a lover over our spouses, but do we wish way our life now for what we think will be better later, only to realize what we had and want it back?  Live life and choose happiness everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment