Saturday, January 29, 2011

Your child's choice


You know how when you are kids, things are pretty black and white.  People are either good or bad.  Choices are either right or wrong.  As we get older, we start putting in lots of shades of gray.  We tell ourselves that things are sorta right or only partially wrong. 
Yesterday, the BofM reminded me that one of the reasons we should try to be like little children is because they know the truth.  And yes, as our children grown they often stop choosing righteousness.  None the less, there are only 2 choices: 
I paraphrased Alma 5:37-48 with what I might say as a parent to a child choosing to rebel.   I left out the verses and such to make it easier to read, but each verse is a different paragraph.  Starting with verse 37:
Hey! I'm talking to those of you that think you are so smart.  You think you understand the way the world works.  You say that you know what's right, but you have gone astray.  You are like a sheep having no shepherd.  The shepherd has called you and is still calling you, but you don't listen.  

The Good shepherd is calling you.  You recognize His voice; you know it is Christ, but you will not listen to him.  He is calling you by name.  "Beth, come here!" he calls, but you don't want to be His sheep so you don't listen.  
If you aren't going to be the Good shepherd's sheep, then who do you want to belong to?  The devil has to be your shepherd then and you belong to him.  No one can deny this.   Who ever tries to deny it is a liar. 
Because what ever is good, comes from God.  What ever is evil comes from the Devil. 

If you are doing good things and there are good consequences, you are listening to the voice of  the Good Shepherd.  If you bring forth evil things, you are a child of the devil.  You listen to his voice and follow him. 
You will receive the consequences from whomever you choose to follow.  If you are receiving the consequences of sin, then you choose death.  This is the death of your spirit and soul to all good opportunities and good works. 

Beth, I speak with all the energy in my soul, all of my passion.  I am speaking as plainly as I can so you do not misunderstand.  I am only saying what God has said Himself in the commandments. 
As your mother, I am called to speak to you like this.  It is my responsibility to try to teach you.  It is my duty to testify to you the things which we have been promised will happen. 

 How do you think I know these things?  For I promise that I DO know these things!  How do I know for sure that they are true?
 I know because the Holy Ghost told me.  I have fasted and prayed many days so that I can know these things for myself.  Now I do know for myself that they are true.  God has told me so through his Holy Spirit.  This is the spirit of revelation. 
The things that your parents, church leaders  and the prophets have said are true.  I know this by the Spirit of God. 
Whatever I say to you about the future is true.  I KNOW Jesus Christ shall come.  He is the Son, the only begotten of the Father.  Christ is full of grace, mercy, and truth.  He is the one that will take away my sins and everyone else who steadily believes in Him.  
Repent and receive that mighty change in your Heart that only Christ can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment