Monday, November 29, 2010

Why is that?

I thought it had been like a month since I've read, so I'm relieved to see it's "only" been 2 weeks.  And we are still in the same month!  So, that's good.

I have just sucked!

I think I must hate it! 

Which is not true!  I've loved the results of scripture reading.  When I read, I feel so good about myself.  As I ponder and think about what I am reading, I feel the Spirit and it effects me all day long.  I am sure of this and I've seen this. I have experienced it over and over again in these last few months.   So, do I like to read?  NO! 


The first week of sinfulness, I would think about scriptures as I was crawling into bed and think "Not tonight.  I deserve to read a novel and relax."  And it was AMAZING how quickly I forgot all about scriptures.  Many days I didn't even think about it at all.  After all those days (months, even!) of working on establishing it as a habit and Poof!  I could forget all about it just like that.

I can't remember the details now, but at church yesterday, someone said something about how you have to keep working at things.  And I thought, "O.K., I'll start reading again."  So, I read yesterday and then rewarded myself with a nap.  : )   And, no, I didn't fall asleep while reading.  A real life read, and then a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment