Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I did it!

Just letting you know that I actually read scriptures yesterday.  It was about 3 p.m. before I did it, but I got it done.  AND I found my little notebook before hand, too.  It was smaller then I remember so it was hiding in a smaller place then I had thought it could be (like right in my skinny little night stand drawer). 

I started my study looking up repentance in the topical guide and reading various verses about it.   So, I read 2 Peter 3:9 by itself.  When you read the whole chapter, you get a different context of what it is saying, but when I just went straight to that very without any other context, it said to me that the Lord is not a wuss when it comes to making hard decisions and "punishing" for sins.  He is just patient and wants to give every person every possible opportunity to repent.  Since I need to do some repenting this week, I am happy for his patience.  But it was also good for me to be reminded that things are done in the Lord's time, not mine.  I shouldn't judge if people are "getting what they deserve" because I don't know their heart, intentions, and experiences like God does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment