Monday, January 9, 2012

Better then a whole year

Well, I am glad to see it hasn't been a whole year since I have posted.  So, that means it has only been about 6 months that I have totally sucked at scripture study.  I've exercised, showered, ate cereal, and my hubby is driving the kids to school.  With a few early morning minutes (well, this IS early enough morning for me!) of silence and being alone, I thought it doesn't get better than this to study scriptures!

It has been so long though---I couldn't even remember where I was, what I had been studying, what I should read.  I've been attending Teacher Development at church, so I am not even up on the Sunday school assignment.  I do, however, know that they are studying the Book of Mormon this year.  My family has been reading the BofM since March 28, but we are still in first Nephi.  (We "took the summer off" and forgot how to get started again, I think).  So, it won't be long until Sunday school long passes up the family study.  So, I just glanced over 1 nephi 16...which is the chapter my family is reading (obviously just a few verses at a time) and noticed I had underlined "faith and diligence" in verse 29.

From reading the verse, I know Nephi was talking about the Liahona, but I thought it sure did tie in with prayer also.  Shockingly, my prayers have been weak, hurried and sporadic lately also. I've been concerned about my crappy prayers and thinking I should work harder and making them more thoughtful, less automatic.  Like the Liahona, our directions and answers from the Lord come easiest and most frequently according to the faith and diligence we give it.

Isn't it annoying how you know these things and yet you still don't do them right?

No comments:

Post a Comment