Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The power

I want to comment a bit more about Esther.  You hear those verses and her story referred to frequently in church, but I think there is a real power when you read it. 


As a teen of the 80's, I had 6 years of Young Women themes referring to my generation as a chosen or royal generation. The kids my age were saved for this time because of our strength, righteousness, or whatever that could make it through this increasingly wicked world.  We had an important work to do in the latter days.   It wasn't by chance that we were born at this time. 


Naturally, I don't mind being a Totally Awesome Person : )  but we see more generations are still coming to earth so it is not like my generation has heralded in the 2nd coming or something.  As we've grown up and had our own children, we've seen our children's strong personality and thought they were definitely held back until the last days.  I heard one time that those that are really strong will be really strong in whatever they do---they'll either be against the church or be able to be stalwart in the church.  Not so wishy washy as other generations are able to be.  These kids will have to choose sides and take a stand. 


The world is still getting worse; families are unraveling, the pace of life keeps going faster, truth gets muddled,  and it's easier then ever to turn away from righteousness.   So, it is easy to think maybe I wasn't part of a royal generation after all.   I'm not special.    I'm not important. 


All of those negative feelings go out the window when I read Esther 4:14..."Who knoweth whether thou are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"  We each have things to do while we are here on earth.  I'm not sure what all of the stuff I am suppose to do is, but it probably isn't to get favor with a king or save a nation.   I think it is probably something much more quieter regarding individuals instead of an entire people, but when I read about Esther,  I feel the power there saying we each need to stay strong, have faith in God, and press forward.    Our life is not an accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment